Minimum Wages in Meghalaya have been increased effective from 01 October 2022 by the Meghalaya State Government.
G. H. P. Raju, IPS, Principal Secretary to the Govt. of Meghalaya, Labour Department, has issued the Notification dated 21 October 2022 vide Notification No. LBG. 75/2012/422 of increased Minimum Wages in Meghalaya.
According to this notification, Variable Dearness Allowance (VDA) has been increased with effect from 01 October 2022 for the employees who are working under the below category in all 29 Scheduled Employments in Meghalaya.
The Latest Minimum Wages in Meghalaya with effect from 01 October 2022 will be as follows.
|Category of Employment||Minimum Wage||VDA Per Day||Total Per Day|
Applicable : From 01 October 2022 To 31 March 2023
Unskilled : Means work which involves simple operation, little or no skin or experience in the
Semi-Skilled : Means work which involves some degree of skill and competence acquired through experience on the job which is capable of being performed under the supervision and guidance of skilled employees and includes unskilled supervisory works.
Skilled : Means work which involves skill or competence acquired through experience on the job or through training as apprentice in a technical or vocational institute and the performance of which calls for initiative and judgement.
Highly Skilled : Means expert in the work requiring great skills.
Some Important Points
- The revised rates proposed are inclusive of Variable Dearness Allowance but exclusive of other concessions if any enjoyed by the employees.
- The existing task and hours of work i.e. 8 (eight) hours a day and 48 (forty-eight) hours a week shall continue until further orders.
- The Minimum rates of wages proposed include the wages payable for weekly day of rest.
- The rate of wages for overtime work shall be double the ordinary rate of wages.
- The revised rates shall be deemed to come into force with effect from 01.10.2022 and will be revised every 6 (six) months by the adoption of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) linked Variable Dearness Allowance (VDA).
29 Schedule Employments
- Construction and maintenance of Buildings including Public Health Engineering, etc.,
- Stone Crushing and Breaking Operations
- Construction, Generation and Distribution of Powers, Water Supply, Land Development Excavation and Reclamation
- Sericulture & Weaving
- Fruit Preservation
- Soil Conservation
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary
- Local Authority
- Public Motor Transport
- Saw Mill
- Plywood Industry
- Motor Workshops
- Furniture Industry
- Shops and Establishment
- Printing Press
- Sales, Distribution and Handling of Petroleum Products
- Steel Fabrication and Concrete Products Induding Brick Making
- Wax and Candle industry
- Hotels and Restaurants
- Mines and Minerals
- Safai Karamcharis
- Employment in Registered Factories Not Elsewhere Classified
- Employment under Government Authority (Casual Contingency Employee)
- Domestic Workers
- Security Guard
Salary/Rates Calculation :
For the calculation of Monthly salary, you have to multiply the Total Per Day by 26.
- Monthly Salary = Total Per Day X 26
Download Official Notification
Minimum Wages in Meghalaya October 2022 Notification PDF
You may go to the Official Website for more details.
Related Posts :