Minimum Wages in Ladakh have been increased effective from 02 November 2022 by the Ladakh Union Territory Government.
K. Mehboob Ali Khan, IRS Secretary, Labour and Employment, UT Ladakh has issued the Notification dated 02 November 2022 vide Notification No. Secy / Lab&emp / UTL / min.wage / 5777-86 of increased Minimum Wages in Ladakh.
According to this official notification, Minimum Wages have been increased with effect from 02 November 2022. These minimum rates of wages will be applicable to all employees falling under 45 Scheduled Employments of Ladakh.
The Latest Minimum Wages in Ladakh with effect from 02 November 2022 will be as follows.
|Sr. No.||Category||Minimum Wages Per Day||Minimum Wages Per Month|
|4||Administrative / Ministerial / Accounts Staff||₹535.00||₹13910.00|
Note : The minimum wages in the tehsils of Zanskar, Durbuk and Nyoma (due to difficult living condition and geographical distance) shall be 10% additional to the notified minimum wages in respective categories.
- “Unskilled Work” means work which involves simple operations requiring little or no skill or experience on the job.
- “Skilled Work“ means work which involves skill or competence acquired through experience on the job or through training as an apprentice in a technical or vocational institute and the performance of which calls for initiative and judgement.
- “Highly Skilled Work” means work which calls for a degree of perfection and full competence in the performance of certain tasks including clerical work acquired through intensive technical or professional (raining or practical work experience for certain reasonable period and also requires a worker to assume full responsibility for the judgement or decision involved in the execution of the tasks.
List of 45 Scheduled Employments
|1||Employment in any Woolen Carpet making or shawl weaving Establishment|
|2||Employment in any Rice Mill, Floor Mill or Dal Mill|
|3||Employment in any Tobacco (including bidi making) manufacturing|
|4||Employment in any plantation, that is to say, any estate which is maintained for the purpose of growing cinchona, rubber, tea or coffee|
|5||Employment in any Oil Mills (Including Kohloos)|
|6||Employment under any local authority|
|7||Employment on the construction or maintenance of roads or in building operations|
|8||Employment in Stone Breaking or Stone crushing|
|9||Employment in any lac manufacturing|
|10||Employment in any mica works|
|11||Employment in Public Motor transport|
|12||Employment in Tanneries and Leather Manufacturing|
|13||Employment in Embroidery including Chain-stitch, Gubba Embroidery and Namdah making|
|14||Employment in Wood Carving|
|15||Employment in Workshop|
|16||Employment in Private Brick & Tile Making|
|17||Employment in Shops and Establishments|
|18||Employment in Private Transport Industry|
|19||Employment in Forest industry|
|20||Employment in Light Engineering Works|
|21||Employment in Steel and Metal Rollins Mills|
|22||Employment in Silicate and Chemical Works|
|23||Employment in Auto body Fabrication|
|24||Employment in manufacture of Wood Products including paper and paper products|
|25||Employment in manufacture of Food Products|
|26||Employment in manufacture of Metal and Steel Utensils|
|27||Employment in Rosin & Turpentine Products|
|28||Employment in manufacture of Soap & Detergent|
|29||Employment in manufacture of Sports Goods|
|30||Employment in Saw Mills and Joinery Products|
|31||Employment in Electricals and Electric Goods|
|32||Employment in Arms & Ammunition including private security agencies|
|33||Employment in Tailoring and Garment working|
|34||Employment manufacture of Drinks & Beverages|
|35||Employment in Ice Factories & Cold Storages|
|36||Employment in Hair Cutting Saloons|
|37||Employment in manufacturing of Medicines and Hospital Equipments as well as Private Hospitals and Nursing Homes|
|38||Employment in Walnut Processing Units|
|39||Employment in Private Educational Institutions|
|40||Employment in Private Coaching Centers|
|41||Employment in Sweeping and Cleaning|
|42||Employment in Brick Kiln Industry|
|43||Employment in Cement Industry|
|44||Employment in Plastic Industry|
|45||Employment in hotel/Restaurant/Tea Stall & Cinemas|
Salary/Rate Calculation :
For the calculation of Monthly Minimum Wages, you have to multiply the Per Day Minimum Wages by 26.
- Monthly Minimum Wages = Per Day Minimum Wages X 26
Download Official Notification
You may go to the Official Website for more details.
Related Posts :
- Minimum Wages in Meghalaya October 2022 Notification
- Minimum Wages in Kerala August 2022
- Minimum Wages in Jammu And Kashmir October 2022
- Minimum Wages in Sikkim July 2022
- Minimum Wages in Punjab September 2022
- Minimum Wages in Jharkhand 01 October 2022
- Minimum Wages in Madhya Pradesh October 2022
- Minimum Wages in Bihar September 2022
- Minimum Wages in Maharashtra July 2022