(E-Shram Card Benefits, Shramik Card Eligibility Details, E-Shram Portal Details, Documents Required for E-Shram Card, Unorganized Sector, Unorganized Worker, How to Apply for E-Shram Card, eShram Online Registration Process @ eshram.gov.in.)
A large number of the workforce of our country India is engaged in the unorganized sector and they are not getting adequate social security benefits. Few welfare schemes definitely being run by the Central Government for specific groups/sub-groups of unorganized workers such as beedi workers, cine workers, building and construction workers, etc. but not for all unorganized sector workers.
Taking these into account the Government of India started the E-Shram Yojana for providing social security to the workers engaged in unorganized sectors.
What is E-Shram Portal?
For the implementation of benefits to be given to the Unorganized Workers through the E-Shram Scheme, the Ministry of Labour & Employment launched the E-Shram Portal on 26 August 2021 for creating a National Database of Unorganized Workers (NDUW), which will be seeded with Aadhaar. In the future, all the social security benefits to unorganized workers will be delivered through this portal. In emergency and national pandemic-like situations, this database may be utilized to provide necessary assistance to eligible unorganized workers.
What is E-Shram Card or Shramik Card?
Any person working in an unorganized sector can apply for E-Shram Card or Shramik Card. Through the E-Shram Card people working in any unorganized sector can get the benefits of various schemes which are run by the Government of India for unorganized workers.
|Scheme Name||E-Shram Card|
|Portal Name||E-Shram Portal|
|Launched On||26 August 2021|
|Managed By||Ministry of Labour & Employment|
|Beneficiaries||Unorganized Sector Workers|
|Age Limit||16-59 Years|
Who is an Unorganized Worker?
Any worker who is a home-based worker, self-employed worker, or a wage worker working in the unorganized sector and not a member of ESIC or EPFO, is called an unorganized worker.
Unorganized Workers do not have the benefit of a Provident Fund, Pension Fund, ESI, Gratuity, Maternity Benefits, Leave Benefits, etc., and work mostly on daily or hourly wages basis.
Home Based Worker
Home Based Worker means a person who engages in production at his own home or at premises of his choice but not at the employer’s workplace, even if the employer might have provided him materials or equipment for his work.
Self Employed Worker
Self Employed Worker means a person who does not work for an employer and is engaged in an unorganized sector job earning an income below a threshold.
A Wage Worker means a person employed for remuneration in the unorganized sector by an employer or contractor for one or more employers, as a casual worker or temporary worker or migrant worker, or domestic worker but on a wage below a threshold.
What is an Unorganized Sector?
The Unorganized Sector comprises establishments/units which are engaged in the production/sale of goods/services and employ less than 10 workers. These units are not covered under ESIC and EPFO.
Benefits of E-Shram Card
The unorganized workers of unorganized sectors will get the following benefits through E-Shram Card:
- E-Shram Card Holder will receive Rs. 500 – Rs. 1000 every month.
- Unorganized Workers will get Partial Handicap Help of Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Unorganized Workers will get Accidental Death Insurance of Rs. 2 Lakh.
- If Unorganized Worker dies due to an accident, the spouse will get all the benefits.
- Unorganized Workers will receive a 12-digit UAN Number with lifetime validity.
- Unorganized Workers may update their particular details such as mobile number, current address, occupation, educational qualification, skill types, etc. by visiting on E-Shram Portal or the nearest CSCs.
- Unorganized Workers will get all social security benefits run by the Government for them.
- In emergency and pandemic-like situations Unorganized Workers will get the necessary assistance from the Government.
Eligibility for E-Shram Card
There are the following eligibility criteria to apply for E-Shram Card:
- A person should be an Unorganized Worker.
- The age of an Unorganized Worker should be between 16-59 Years.
- Unorganized Workers should have a valid mobile number linked with aadhaar.
- Agriculture Labours and Landless Farmers are also eligible for E-Shram Card.
Documents Required for E-Shram Card
The following documents are required by the unorganized worker to apply for E-Shram Card:
- Aadhaar Card
- Mobile Number linked with Aadhaar Card
- Bank Account
E-Shram Card Registration Process
The registration process for E-Shram Card is very easy and simple. There are two modes of registration for E-Shram Card. Unorganized Workers can apply for E-Shram Card through Common Service Centre (CSC) or by visiting E-Shram Portal.
How to Apply for E-Shram Card through Common Service Centre (CSC)
The eligible worker can visit the nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) with Aadhaar Card, Mobile Number, and Bank Account to apply for E-Shram Card. Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE) at the CSC centre will help the worker to complete the registration for the E-Shram Card. Common Service Centre will charge Rs. 20 for the registration and E-Shram Card printout.
How to Apply E-Shram Card Online
Follow the below steps to apply for E-Shram Card online:
- Go to the Official Website of E-Shram.
- Click on “Register on eShram” and you will be redirected to the “Self Registration” page.
- Fill in the required details like Aadhaar Linked Mobile Number, Captcha Code, and Membership details of EPFO and ESIC.
- After that click on the “Sent OTP” button.
- You will be received an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on the “Submit” button.
- After that, a new page will open and there you have to fill in the Aadhaar Number, Accept the Terms & Conditions of eShram and click on the “Submit” button.
- Again you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on the “Validate” button.
- After that “Registration Form” page will open. In that, you have to fill in the required “Personal Information” details like Email, Marital Status, Father Name, Category, Nominee Details, Residentials Details, Educational Qualification, Monthly Income, Occupation and Skill Details, Bank Account Details, etc.
- Once you fill in all the required details in the Registration Form, click on the “Submit” button to complete the registration process.
- After clicking on the Submit button your E-Shram Card will be generated.
- Now you can take Print Out or Download your E-Shram Card.
How to Download E-Shram Card
You can download the E-Shram Card online by yourself very easily. Follow the below steps to download the E-Shram Card:
- Visit the E-Shram Portal Website or Click on the given link https://register.eshram.gov.in/#/user/self
- After that, click on the “Already Register” tab and select the “Update/Download UAN Card” option.
- Enter the UAN Number, Date of Birth, and Captcha and click on the “Generate OTP” button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on the “Validate” button.
- Now you will see the “Update Profile” and “Download UAN Card” options on the screen.
- Click on the “Download UAN Card” button to download the E-Shram Card.
E-Shram Card is a very good scheme run by the Government of India for the betterment of the people/worker working in the unorganized sector. Through this scheme, Unorganized Workers can register themselves on E-Shram Portal and get the E-Shram Card. Through this E-Shram Card, they can get the benefits of government schemes coming from time to time directly into their account.
The main aim of the Government running this scheme is to make a database of the unorganized workers so that in the future in an emergency and pandemic situation they utilized this database to provide necessary assistance to the eligible unorganized workers.
Q: What is the last date for E-Shram Registration?
Ans: There is no last date for E-Shram Registration. It is available 24×7 to apply.
Q: Who is eligible to register in E-Shram?
Ans: Any worker who is working in the unorganized sector can register in E-Shram.
Q: What is the age limit for E-Shram Registration?
Ans: The worker’s age should be between 16 to 59 years.
Q: Is there any income criteria for E-Shram Registration?
Ans: No, there are no income criteria for E-Shram registration. However, the beneficiary should not be an income tax payee.
Q: What is the UAN under the E-Shram Card?
Ans: Universal Account Number is a 12-digit unique number with lifetime validity which is assigned to the unorganized worker after registration on the E-Shram Portal.
Q: What are the essential documents required to register on E-Shram Portal?
Ans: Aadhaar Card, Mobile Number (Aadhaar Linked), and Bank Details are required to register on E-Shram Portal.
Q: What are the modes for registration for E-Shram?
Ans: You can register for E-Shram through Common Service Centre (CSC) or by visiting E-Shram Portal.
Q: What is the E-Shram Card validity?
Ans: E-Shram Card is valid for a lifetime.
Q: Can Workers update their details in E-Shram?
Ans: Yes, they can update the details through CSC or through E-Shram Portal.
Related Posts :
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) Objective, Features, Eligibility, Online Registration 2023
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana (PMKMY) Eligibility, Benefits, Enroll Process 2023
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) Eligibility, Benefits 2023
- Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) Eligibility, Benefits, Apply Online
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) Scheme Revision Approved